Monday, September 5, 2011

A Third of the Way through First Term...

I've planned to update this blog a lot more but man, teaching takes a lot out of you!

With that said... how about I update on how life has gone so far...

I'm going into my 4th week of teaching and I've already learned quite a bit. I've had to deal with student discipline, had my first breakdown (outside of class, thank goodness), and seen the bitterness of teachers that are unsatisfied with administration. But I've also seen the smile on a kid's face when he finally gets how to use a vocab word like "amalgamate" in context, the excitement on a teacher's face when her kid goes from an F to a C in the matter of a week, and felt the accomplishment of staying at the school after hours just to prep the room for having a sub the next day and get student grades in for "athletic eligibility."

Teaching has definitely has its ups and downs so far. I mean, it's been incredibly taxing, emotionally, and I feel like my classroom and my kids are all I ever talk about. But I also have gained such fulfillment and satisfaction from making a difference. I KNOW I'm doing the right thing. I know I'm in the right profession. This is what I've been working towards my WHOLE life... and now that I have it, I really couldn't imagine doing anything else.

I love my job... no... my career.

My life.

No comments:

Post a Comment